Tuesday 22 October 2013

Prosciutto Wrapped Figs & Goats Cheese


After my Costco trip, I had a glut of figs. I fed some baked with balsamic syrup and goats cheese to hubby which was a big success, but even then I still had figs left over. Hubby had a work night out at the last minute, going to one of my favourite ever restaurants. So I was home alone and with no-one to cook for.

My guilty pleasure when hubby is away is meat. Hubby is a vegetarian.

Mixing something meaty with the lovely, sweet and juicy figs seemed like a great idea. It was. This might have been the most delicious thing that I have ever eaten. There is something special about the sweetness of the figs, the tang of the goats cheese and the salty porkiness of the prosciuttio. It was like magic happened in the oven.

I served these on a bed of lettuce and slow roasted tomatoes with a dressing made of balsamic vinegar, pesto and olive oil.

It was so delicious that I didn't feel even a little bit jealous of the posh meal out that hubby was having.

What I used...
Two black bursa figs
Two slices of prosciutto
Crumbly goats cheese

How I did it...
1. Heated the oven to 180 degrees C

2. Cut a cross in the top of the figs


3. Stuff each fig generously with goats cheese


4. Wrap each fig in a slice of prosciutto


5. Bake for 15-20 minutes



No comments:

Post a Comment