Monday 9 September 2013

Spicy Sweet Potato Chips




There is something comforting about a big plate of carbs, especially as the weather starts to get colder. It's even better if that plate of carbs needs minimal preparation. Strangely, I'm not a massive fan of normal chips, or normal potato at all. Conversely I could eat sweet potato until I turned into a starchy orange ball of loveliness.

I can't claim that this idea was mine. I've spent many an evening having food envy when the lovely @trufflepotamous has been showing off her spicy sweet potato chips. I don't know how she makes hers, but this is how I make mine.

I won't bore you with quantities, I'm guessing that most people know how much potato they will eat. If you're a bit afraid of the spices just add them gradually and have a taste of the spicy oil.

Sweet potatoes
Olive oil
Chilli powder
Salt
Paprika
Oregano

1. Heat oven to 180 degrees C.
2. Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into chunky chips.
3. Put in a bowl and coat generously with olive oil.
4. Season with as much salt, chilli, paprika and oregano as you like.



5. Turn out on to a baking tray and cook for 20-30 mins (or until they are going brown on the outside and are smooshy on the inside) giving them a good shake half way.

Simples.


No comments:

Post a Comment