Tuesday 5 November 2013

Busy Me

I have had a really busy weekend of nightshifts, and now I'm reaping the rewards. I have 3 days off in a row... Hurrah!

The thing I love about working funny hours is the time I get off when everyone else is at work. It's got the potential to be such a productive time. While everyone else is working I can go to the doctor, the bank or walk around the shops without being squished in a crowd.

I'll be perfectly honest. I'm not always that productive.

My first day post nights was spent curled up in bed with the kitten imagining that I was an eskimo huddled under a pile of furs. I was too lazy to even cook dinner and we ended up having curry. Today was a little more productive. The in-laws are staying on Wednesday night before going to the airport so I needed to give the flat a really good clean. I haven't done as much as I'd like, but I've given the bathroom a really deep clean, done a huge pile of washing up and put on two loads of clothes washing. Tomorrow I can properly tackle the lounge, kitchen and make the new spare bed. I probably need to dig the bed out of all the boxes in the spare room too. Oh, and hide the Christmas presents elsewhere, it would be a bit of a surprise-ruiner if they found those in bags next to the bed.

I've also spent ages cooking a delicious homemade dinner to make up for last night. We're having one of my wintery favourites... stuffed savoy cabbage in a rich tomato sauce. It's been twice as much work as I had to make a vegetarian filling for the hubby. I created one with quorn, rice, spices, butter and stock. It's pretty delicious and might actually be nearly as good as my meaty filling.



I really should finish tidying but instead I'm going to curl up on the sofa with a cup of jasmine green tea, some revision and Taylor Swift playing in the background. I promise I'm actually revising and not just looking at the cute baby on the book cover!


No comments:

Post a Comment